Applications are open for the Gordon N. Fisher/JHR Journalism Fellowship 2022-2023. The Fellowship is an annual opportunity for a journalist from Sub-Saharan Africa or the Middle East to participate in the William Southam Journalism Fellowship Program at Massey College in the University of Toronto.
Gordon N. Fisher/JHR Journalism Fellowship Advertisement
- Position(s): Several
- Applications closing Date: January 31, 2022
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Company Name: Gordon N. Fisher/JHR Journalism Fellowship
The Fellowship underwrites:
- an eight-month stipend that will replicate the successful applicant’s salary along with any costs associated with the program. The first monthly instalment will commence with an end-September payment and conclude with the end-April payment;
- All university fees;
- travel expenses up to the cost of economy airfare to and from Toronto for the Fellow;
- travel expenses for organized trips during the program;
- a book allowance.
- Open to journalists from Sub-Saharan Africa or the Middle East;
- 5 years experience working in media;
- Currently full-time as news or editorial employee at a newspaper, radio station, television station, magazine or news service. Freelance journalists who have been working consistently in the media over an eight-year period will also be considered;
- Proficiency in English.
How to Apply
In order for an application to be eligible for consideration, candidates must submit the following before the January 31, 2022 deadline:
- An application form
- A curriculum vitae
- A statement of intent
- A proposal for a plan of study
- Up to three work samples
- Three letters of reference were emailed directly to [email protected]