Jubilee Insurance Ltd was established as the first incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa in August 1937. They have since spread their wings and sphere of influence as the No. 1 Insurance Company in the region with offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi and Mauritius and are recognised as the largest Composite Insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clients.
- Job Title: Site Engineer – Roads
- Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
- Position(s): 20 Job Opportunities
- Applications Closing Date: 14th April 2022
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Organisation: National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC)
NHCC Job Advert
National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC) was founded in 1964 and is a Ugandan construction and real estate management company, partly owned by the Uganda Government. The Company’s mandate is to increase the housing stock in the country, rehabilitate the housing industry and encourage Ugandans to own homes in an organized environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Take charge of the Road construction site from beginning to end, including but not limited to;
- Site setting
- Budgets & expenditure projections
- Keeping the site safe and,
- Maintaining a set schedule.
Oversee the work done at a road construction site, including;
- Planning and scheduling works,
- Managing construction crews, allocation of tasks, monitoring performance, taking record of staff attendance
- Inspecting ongoing works, to ensure compliance and good workmanship
- supervision of setting out of works and surveys
- Ensuring adherence to instructions, drawings and specifications,
- Make arrangements for necessary equipment including; sourcing, mobilization, maintenance, utilization, cost planning etc.
- Tracking construction costs and keeping construction project costs at or, where possible, under budget.
- Liaising with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff, especially quantity surveyors and the overall project manager
- Liaising with quantity surveyors about the ordering and the pricing of materials
- Providing technical advice and solving problems on site
- Preparation and submission of site reports and filling in other paperwork supervision of setting out and surveys
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management from a recognized University/Institution
- Post Graduate training in project Planning and Management from a recognized University/Institution as a MUST
- At least seven years of specific experience in road Construction works
- At least three years of which shall be as a site Engineer on a road Construction project (Bitumen Standard)
How to Apply to National Housing and Construction Company Limited Vacancy:
All suitably qualified candidates should send applications indicating the position being applied for and accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of Academic certificates, evidence of relevant working experience & contacts of three (3) Professional referees should be addressed and delivered to;
The Chief Human Resource Officer,
National Housing & Construction Company Limited,
Plot 5, 7th Street,
P.O. BOX 659,
Submit an online email application to: [email protected] (All applications via email must be sent as one document not more than 10 MBs)
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters via Email to: [email protected]
Tel: +256754900901/ +256784701294 for any inquiries