The Allied Health Professionals Council (AHPC) was established by Allied Health Professionals Act Cap. 268 to regulate, supervise and control the training, practice and other related matters of Allied Health Professionals in Uganda.
- Job Title: Procurement Officer
- Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
- Applications Closing Date: 31st May 2022 at 5:00 pm
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
- Organization: Allied Health Professionals Council (AHPC)
AHPC Job Advert
Manage the procurement and disposal unit to effectively procure goods, services and works in line with the PPDA Act and Regulations
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Goods and services procured in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Effective and efficient procurement system put in place;
- Procurement requirements evaluated and the most appropriate procurement procedure recommended;
- Procurement and disposal evaluation processes coordinated and managed
- Procurement plans and budgets prepared and submitted.
- Periodic reports prepared and submitted to appropriate authorities
- Approved notices, bidding documents and contracts prepared.
- Approved contracts prepared and issued;
- Compliance with public procurement laws and regulations enforced;
- Contracts committee and management supported and advised as required
- Work Planning and budgeting processes supported
- Council and stakeholders resources accounted for
- Procuring goods and services in a timely and cost-effective manner;
- Institute an effective and efficient procurement system;
- Evaluate procurement requirements and advise on appropriate procurement method
- Coordinate and manage procurement evaluation process.
- Prepare and submit procurement plans and budgets.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports to appropriate authorities
- Prepare and share approved notices, bidding documents and contracts.
- Prepare and issue approved contracts
- Enforce compliance with public procurement laws and regulations;
- Support and advise the contracts committee and management as required
- Support the planning and budgeting processes
- Account for Council and stakeholders’ resources
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must have either an Honors Bachelor’s degree in Procurement/Purchasing and Supplies or Business Administration Procurement and Supplies, option.) or Commerce (Procurement and Supplies, option),
- Must either have a post graduate diploma in procurement from a recognized awarding Institution or full professional qualification in Supply Chain management from a recognized awarding Institution.
- Must have at least three (3) years relevant work experience with a reputable organization.
- Professional knowledge/skill
- Planning, organizing and coordinating
- Decision making
- Human Resource Management
- Financial management
- Team work
- Result orientation
- Time management
- Management of other resources
- Customer care
How to Apply to Allied Health Professionals Council Vacancy
If you believe you are the right candidate for this challenging position(s), submit your application together with detailed curriculum vitae giving full career details, daytime telephone number, address, 3 passport-size colored photos and telephone contacts for three competent referees who are not your relatives as well as certified copies of academic /professional certificates to the address below;
Allied Health Professionals Council,
Plot 973, block 22o- Kiwatule-Kampala
Email to: [email protected]