The African Network for the Care of Children Affected by HIV/AIDS (ANECCA) is a network of clinicians and social scientists with a mission to improve the quality of health care services for women, children, adolescents, young adults, and their families in Africa. ANECCA is a registered NGO in Uganda with strong collaboration with the Ministry of Health, District Local Government, and other related institutions.
- Job Title: Data Assistant
- Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
- Position(s): Fresher Job Opportunities
- Applications Closing Date: 25th March 2023
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Organization: African Network for the Care of Children Affected by HIV/AIDS (ANECCA)
ANECCA Job Advert
The data Assistant performs under the leadership of the health unit in-charge. Working as part of the facility team, s/he will assist, implementation of strong data quality maintenance systems of the health unit. The Data Assistant will promote quality data standards at all points of service delivery by ensuring the generation and submission of accurate, timely, complete, and valid data to inform on quality improvement and reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with the different health unit in –charges to ensure completeness of the data in all the HMIS tools.
- Work with different health unit departments to ensure timely, accurate, and complete data abstraction from the respective registers into weekly, monthly, and quarterly HMIS/PEPFAR reports.
- Perform data entry to Uganda EMR, DHIS-2, CQI dashboard, Support HMIS register updates and LPHS-Karamoja Information Management system.
- Support functionalizes the data management system at the respective supported health facilities.
- Conduct routine data triangulation prior to actual reporting in the secondary HMIS tools.
- Support the facility level quality improvement (QI) initiatives
- Participate in routine data cleaning activities at the facility on a routine basis.
- Ensure timely response to ad-hoc data calls
- Compile weekly, monthly, and quarterly facility HMIS and PEPFAR reports to support efficient & effective Health management service delivery.
- Compile unstructured reports such as weekly missed appointment reports and support weekly update of the audit tools.
- Analyse and present performance data for key program indicators to inform decision-making at facility level
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Records Management, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- A post graduate diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation will be an added advantage.
- Training in information technology, database and records management is an added advantage
- At least two years of progressive professional experience working in data management related projects, and working with rural communities in a reputable organization preferably an NGO.
- Good numeracy skills. Attention to detail and enjoy alphanumeric data entry.
- Practical experience in working with government of Uganda health management information systems (Uganda EMR, DHIS2, and mTrack) at health facility and district
- Experience in handling, collecting, coding, and managing numerical data
- A high level of computer literacy is required, especially, but not limited to Ms-Word, Excel, MS Access, Internet & web technology, as the incumbent will be involved in data entry into database systems
- Hands-on knowledge and skills in data entry preferably in an HIV/AIDS, or a research-oriented organization
- Excellent data analysis skills (competency in the use of Statistical applications such as SPSS, STATA, or Epi-Info is an added advantage)
- Willingness to work and travel in rural settings of North-Eastern Uganda
- Good report writing skills, verbal communication interpersonal skills and Result oriented,
How to Apply to ANECCA Vacancy:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send your application to [email protected].
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters via Email to: [email protected]
Tel: +256754900901/ +256784701294 for any inquiries