The East-West Management Institute, Inc. works to strengthen democratic societies by bringing together government, civil society and the private sector to build accountable, capable and transparent institutions.
- Job Title: Communications Specialist
- Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
- Applications Closing Date: 13th May 2023
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Organisation: East-West Management Institute, Inc. (EWMI)
EWMI Job Advert
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Communications Specialist will support CSSA’s-wide programs and initiatives.
- Responsible for internal and external communications including media relations and events support. Determines content topics, coordinates with others to obtain information, writes, edits, designs and sends to donors, and community and business contacts.
- Prepares the production of press releases, announcements, brochures, event materials, photographs, newsletters, etc.
- The Communication Specialist will also play a key role in supporting CSSA’s civil society organizations partners in their communications efforts.
- This role will require working closely with CSSA’s partners in strengthening their communications efforts.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication or related field or equivalent education/experience;
- Five years of demonstrated experience in supporting broad-based and successful communication programs;
- Ability to work and train civil society organizations;
- Extensive knowledge of social media and emerging communication platforms;
- Thorough knowledge of media operations;
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Experience in graphic design or related field:
- Proficiency with basic computer programs such as PowerPoint, Excel and Word;
- Exceptional interpersonal and time-management skills;
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work well under pressure to meet deadlines; and
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred.
- Superb writing and analytical skills as well as excellent verbal communication in English;
How to Apply to East-West Management Institute, Inc. Vacancy:
Please send an updated CV, cover letter, and (contact information for three references to: [email protected]. Please include in the subject line “Communications Specialist”. EWMI appreciates all applications, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please. EWMI is an equal opportunity employer.
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters via Email to: [email protected]
Tel: +256754900901/ +256784701294 for any inquiries