SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Africa,
FAQs: “SNV in full, SNV jobs, SNV Netherlands development organisation Nigeria, SNV meaning, SNV salary scale, SNV login, SNV address, SNV internship“
SNV Netherlands Programme Advert
- Location: Ghana
- Company: SNV Netherlands
- Closing Date : 30th March 2023
Duties & Responsibilities
The key responsibilities of each Advisor will include the following:
- Oversee the effective implementation of the project plan to increase sorghum production among smallholders and commercial farmers in the districts of the target project area.
- Promote across project area diversification, and sustainable production of sorghum is part of farm system both in terms of agronomy and revenue/cash flow
- Promote mixed cropping with nutrition and food security related food crops that are compatible with productivity enhancement of white sorghum system.
- Promote regenerative agriculture through sustainable intensification and
- agroecology including practices such as minimum tillage, cover cropping, enhanced on-farm biodiversity and mixed cropping, improved soil water holding capacity.
- Strengthen farmer loyalty towards GGBL sorghum grain sourcing.
- Identify and profile farmers for production support.
- Lead in the quality management of grains for delivery.
- Lead technology transfer activities to farmers.
- Support aggregators in grain mobilization and delivery.
- Monitor and collect data on farmer learning plots and other M&E indicators for learning.
- Monitor the performance of farmers in the production of sorghum.
- Ensure annual production targets of aggregators and farmers are met.
- Support the formation and operationalization of VSLAs.
- Lead the mobilization of actors around sorghum production in at least four (4) districts of the project.
- Applicant must have relevant knowledge in Private Sector, good understanding and work experience in value chain development and agribusiness operations. She/he must have strong knowledge and experience in the sorghum sector in Ghana.
- Master’s degree plus Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in relevant disciplines, such as: Agronomy, Crop science, Biotechnology, Natural Resources Management, and any related field.
- At least five (5) years of experience in implementing project as an Agronomist or value chain development in the sorghum or related crop sector; experience in large and complex grain production and supply chain strengthening is desired.
- Proven experience in project implementation having relevant understanding of value chain development and other events for value chain stakeholders in sorghum or related grain sector.
- Result-orientation and ability to take initiatives under minimal supervision, and to reach targets.
- Strong agribusiness relationship management experience and focus with the ability to stimulate trust and confidence with clients and investors including managing various stakeholders.
- Good project management skills: ability to contribute to the project’s overall M&E system will be a plus.
- Excellent organising, negotiation, influencing and advisory/coaching and networking skills.
- Flexible approach to take on additional responsibilities as assigned/delegated.
- Willingness to travel to all project locations.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), reporting and presentation skills.
- Lead and support the production of sorghum in at least four (4) districts of the project.
- Entrepreneurial, result-oriented and driver for change.
- Ability to effectively communicate with farmers and entrepreneurs along the agricultural value chain.
- Strong interpersonnel skills with excellent social and networking skills, ability to engage with governments and the private sector including influencing skills and experience of working effectively in a matrix organisation.
- Able to support and energise multi-partner project teams.
- Experience in knowledge management and documentation.
- Team player and confident to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural setting.
Application and Selection Process
Application Guidelines: Please read these carefully. Failure to comply will adversely affect your application.
- This is a full-time national with the successful candidate being contracted on an initial two years basis with the possibility of renewal. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes a competitive secondary benefit package.
- SNV offers a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal and global network of experts.
- Interested applicants are kindly requested to upload their applications in English in the form of a one-page letter and current CV outlining experience, qualifications and three reference contacts, not later than 5:00pm, March 20, 2023.
- Expected Start Date: 15 April 2023, depending on contract award date.
- Only those applicants whose work experience and education meet the mandatory requisites below will be considered for the position.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.