The New York Times Fellowship is a one-year work programme aimed at cultivating the next generation of journalists.
New York Times Newsroom Fellowship Programme 2023 Advertisement
- Position(s): Several
- Applications closing Date: December 2, 2023
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Company Name: New York Times Newsroom
The fellowship represents a unique opportunity to do great journalism for The Times. It incorporates speakers, feedback and training opportunities. The programme’s goal is to benefit not only the participants and The Times, but also other newsrooms. They expect most of their fellows will graduate to positions around the country and world. The programme incorporates reporters, editors, and visual journalists across a range of departments.
- Fellows work full time, are paid and receive benefits. They are Guild-represented employees.
- Fellows get to hear from top journalists and leaders from around the newsroom, gain training and receive regular feedback from editors and mentors.
- Open to journalists with some experience who are early in their careers, including recent college graduates.
- Those who have more than five years of paid, professional journalism experience should explore other career opportunities at The Times.
The application period for the 2023 fellowship is now open. The deadline to submit your application is Friday, December 2, at 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
For more information, visit Newsroom Fellowship.