Since 2010, YSE Global has nurtured a network of youth with innovative business ideas focused on social good. Together with established social entrepreneurs, business consultants and investors, we harness the power of ideas, know-how and resources to effect positive change for a better world.
Singapore International Foundation’s Young Social Entrepreneurs Global Programme Advertisement
- Position(s): Several
- Applications closing Date: April 24, 2022.
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Company Name: Singapore International Foundation
The YSE programme has been inspiring, equipping, and enabling youth since 2010, nurturing over 1,300 alumni representing 42 nationalities. To date, they have supported more than 40 social enterprises with over S$790,000 in funding and continue to witness their growth and impact in the region. Their young changemakers have also been recognized as exceptional founders and impact leaders by Forbes (30 Under 30), Ashoka, Acumen, and more.
The programme is fully virtual.
Participants will gain access to an international ecosystem of over 1,200 alumni, and Shortlisted teams will also stand a chance at securing up to S$20,000 grant to scale up their social enterprises.
- Network: Join an international ecosystem of young changemakers, including like-minded individuals, corporates, and successful entrepreneurs.
- Mentorship: Gain access to insights from industry experts and professionals.
- Monthly capacity building sessions: Broaden perspectives on social entrepreneurship through capacity building opportunities to connect, network and learn from key players in the social enterprise landscape.
- Grants: Develop your social enterprise with up to S$20,000 in grants
- If you are between the ages of 18 to 35 years old, you are eligible to apply.
- The YSE Global is open to participants of all nationalities, however, due to overwhelming responses received yearly and the limited intake per cohort, applications from the following countries will be prioritized: • Cambodia • China • India • Indonesia • Laos • Malaysia • Myanmar • Singapore • Vietnam.
- They are looking for young changemakers with great ideas that harness enterprise solutions for social issues. You do not need to have an incorporated/registered social enterprise before applying. If you have a viable idea or are in the early stages of building your enterprise, they want to hear from you!
- Individuals can apply, but they highly encourage you to form a team. Having more than one member for your social enterprise allows you to maximize the benefits of teamwork and support as the work grows.
- They welcome social enterprises addressing social issues of any sector or industry to apply. However, the programme will strongly consider social enterprises with an environmental focus and/or digital-related solutions.
- It is not necessary for your operations to be carried out in Singapore.
- Teams can submit more than one idea. However, in the interest of fairness to other participating individuals/teams, only one of your ideas may be selected.
- Applications are accepted in English.
How to Apply
Your application is assessed based on:
- Social Impact: The benefits that the community receives, and potential impact to the community/issue
- Innovativeness: Creative and enterprising ideas, as well as unique aspects of the business models
- Feasibility and Sustainability of Business Idea: Viability of business idea
- Commitment: Capacity and dedication towards being a changemaker
|Workshop||Jun 2022 (online workshop + pitch to be further shortlisted)|
Capacity Building Session
|Jul – Oct 2022
Jul – Oct 2022
|Pitching||Nov 2022 (for up to S$20,000)|
Deadlines closes on 24 April 2022, 23:59hrs (Singapore time)
For more information, visit YSE Global.