Forum for Women in Democracy (FOWODE) is a national women’s non-governmental organization based in Kampala. Forum for Women in Democracy is a non-partisan women’s organization operating in Uganda with its head office in Kampala. FOWODE grew out of the Women’s Caucus of the 1994 –1995 Constituent Assembly (CA) that debated and passed the 1995 Constitution.
- Job Title: Field Officer
- Duty Station: Uganda
- Position(s): Fresher Job Opportunities
- Applications Closing Date: 16th March 2023 at 5:00pm
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Organization: Forum for Women in Democracy (FOWODE)
Forum for Women in Democracy Job Advert
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the contact person for FOWODE at the district level.
- Manage the FOWODE Field Office.
- Organize and manage FOWODE activities at district level.
- Prepare project/activity narrative and financial reports.
- Participate in fundraising through developing concepts and identifying potential partners.
- Supervise FOWODE resource persons including interns in the district.
- Represent FOWODE at district and other stakeholders’ meetings.
- Network and collaborate with the local government, other like-minded organizations and partners with the
- goal of advancing gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- Maintain and safeguard FOWODE property at the district level.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Diploma in Social Sciences, Social Work and Social Administration, Community Psychology and
- Development Studies or related field. Must have knowledge of gender and women’s rights. Knowledge of Project Planning and Management is an added advantage.
- The individual should be self-driven with an interest in continuous learning.
- At least two years working at field level.
- Good report writing and communication skills.
- Computer skills with knowledge in internet usage.
- Must be resident in Gulu.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in the local language.
How to Apply to Forum for Women in Democracy Vacancy:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications including their curriculum vitae and copies of academic documents to [email protected] or deliver to the address below;
The Executive Director
Forum for Women in Democracy (FOWODE)
Plot 15 Vubya Close, Ntinda – Nakawa Road
P.O. Box 7176
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters via Email to: [email protected]
Tel: +256754900901/ +256784701294 for any inquiries