Plan International was founded over 75 years ago and is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organizations (non-profit / INGOs) in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan’s vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations.
- Job Title: Project Officer
- Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
- Position(s): Fresher Job Opportunities
- Applications Closing Date: 17th March 2023
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Organization: Plan International
Plan International Job Advert
Plan International Uganda is looking for One Project Officer to manage day to day implementation of the Lego- Playful Futures project interventions in Alebtong district working in collaboration with other members of the project team and other project stakeholders (Local government, Primary Schools, NGO partners, Communities).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- S/he will closely work with and support project stakeholders including: ECD Care givers/facilitators/ teachers, primary school teachers, community centres, community leaders, non-formal centre facilitators, social workers, facilitators of accelerated education programs and of course children in the target age group.
- Support distribution and safety of play kits containing materials to help foster play such as manipulatives, storybooks, and supplies to create teaching and learning tools.
- Support in organising roll-out events and trainings for Playful Futures using Play Library and kits.
- Support project interventions that prepare caregivers to interact playfully and positively with their children and to care for their own well-being, accompanied by a Play at Home Library with activities for caregivers and children to do together.
- Manage and maintain project records especially enrolment/ attendance registers and equipment inventories.
- Mobilize and educate parents and community members to participate in project interventions within the ECD centers, Primary Schools and at community level.
- Coordinate with all the key partners in the district to enhance mutual support and establish a strong networking framework.
- Support the documentation and sharing of learning, knowledge and experience generated from Plan Uganda’s project interventions as widely as possible.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports to the project Manager.
- Support consultants or Resource persons hired to provide various services.
- Develop strong and sustainable relationships with local and international NGOs, Government institutions and other stakeholders involved in project interventions.
- Keep abreast of developments within the project portfolio and share best practices within and outside Plan Uganda.
- Provide support to Plan teams and communities to identify and access resources that will enable them to meet the needs of all children targeted by the project.
- Represent Plan in ECD/Education coordination and working group meetings.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Plan International job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education/Early Childhood Care and Development, Child Development and Children’s Ministry, and Social Sciences, Project Management and any other relevant course.
- At least two years of professional experience implementing and/or managing community led programs for children 0-8 years.
- Experience of managing projects, including project design, monitoring and evaluation (i.e. preparation of documents and reports for external dissemination).
- Excellent writing, facilitation, and organizational skills.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Strong drive for results and ensuring timely delivery of program outcomes
- Knowledge on inclusive programming approaches.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office programs including MS Excel, MS Word and MS Power Point.
- Strong skills in teamwork and networking.
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills in multi-cultural contexts
- Familiarity with West Nile Region.
- Proficient in local language (Langi)
How to Apply to Plan International Vacancy:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters via Email to: [email protected]
Tel: +256754900901/ +256784701294 for any inquiries