The Regional Service Centre in Entebbe, Uganda (RSCE) was established in July 2010, following the adoption of General Assembly resolution 64/269. The Centre provides efficient, client-oriented and scalable services with the goal of moving transactional, non-location dependent administrative functions to the Centre from its client entities.
- Job Title: Associate Human Resources Officer
- Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
- Applications Closing Date: 18th March 2023
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Job Opening Number: 22-Human Resources-RSCE-175928-R-Entebbe ®
- Report to: Service Line Manager
- Organisation: Regional Service Centre in Entebbe (RSCE)
Regional Service Centre in Entebbe Job Advert
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Within delegated authority, the Associate Human Resources Officer will carry out the following duties:
- Manages the determination and implementation of benefits and entitlements of RSCE client missions covering life and career events from pre-appointment to beyond separation.
- Accountable for ensuring transparency, accuracy and ensuring full compliance with staff rules and regulations
- Accountable for the integrity, transparency and equity of the management of RSCE resources, particularly the contracts, benefits, and entitlements management.
- Advises client missions on benefits and entitlements, staff rules and regulations, HR guidelines and promotes a collaborative and client-oriented approach, sharing knowledge and best practice.
- Advises client missions on matters related to benefits and entitlements, fostering partnerships with them
Administration of entitlements
- Processes all education grant requests, i.e., advances and claims
- Provides services in education grant advances and education grant payments for client mission international staff.
- Administers, certifies and approves the processing of benefits and entitlements in full compliance with staff regulations and rules and financial accountability framework and has approval authority for non-discretionary decisions under the applicable rules.
- Determines, verifies and approves financial entitlements related to contracts such as appointment, reassignments, and ongoing entitlements.
- Administers and provides advice on salary and related benefits, travel, and social security entitlements.
- Streamlines payment and entitlement procedures to deliver optimal client service.
- Makes accurate determination of entitlements of personnel transactions
- Ensures timely processing and approving payments.
- Ensures accurate processing of financial entitlements to reduce recoveries, advances and other exceptional payments.
- Ensures full transparency of the administration of benefits and entitlements.
- Identifies areas for improving processes and HR policies and developing the RSCE business requirements to maximize efficiency and simplify procedures.
- Monitors the work of the Human Resources Assistants in carrying out human resources administrative transactions including preparation of personnel actions, maintenance of staffing tables, and processing of contracts.
- Makes recommendations to improve HR policies and guidelines as related to the Service Lines.
- Enhances work efficiency through constant evaluation and analysis of human resources processes.
- Recommends, creates, and maintains knowledge management for benefits and entitlements.
- Ensures that Umoja contains accurate and comprehensive coverage of benefits and entitlements.
- Continuous learning and development for HR staff by keeping abreast with HR best practices.
- Conducts training courses on Benefits and Entitlements.
- Supervises the maintenance of the human resources filing system.
- Identifies and analyses staff development and career support needs and design programmes to meet identified needs.
- Provides input and support to further development of and implementation of the service lines.
- Provides induction orientation and briefing to new staff members in the service lines.
- Provides high quality, timely and accurate service to client missions.
- Performs any other duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations Regional Service Centre at Entente (RSCE) Associate Human Resources Officer job must hold a First-level university degree in human resources management, business or public administration, social sciences, education, or related field is required.
- At least four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in human resources
- management, administration or related area at the national or international level is required.
- At least two (2) years of experience and practice of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is desirable.
- Experience with human resources systems and management in an international setting is desirable.
- Experience working in a United Nations common system field operation (inclusive of
- peacekeeping, political missions and UN agencies, funds and programmes) – or similar
- international organisation or non-governmental organisation – in a conflict or post-conflict
- setting is desirable.
- Experience in a shared service Centre is desirable.
- Knowledge of human resources policies, practices and procedures and ability to apply them in an organizational setting is required.
- Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations is required.
- Languages: fluency in English (both oral and written) is required; knowledge of French is desirable.
- Professionalism –Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Client Orientation – Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate issues; Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Planning & Organizing – Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; -Uses time efficiently.
How to Apply to Jubilee Insurance Ltd Vacancy
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters via Email to: [email protected]
Tel: +256754900901/ +256784701294 for any inquiries