Schlumberger is the world’s largest oilfield services company. Working globally often in remote and challenging locations we invent, design, engineer, and apply technology to help our customers find and produce oil and gas safely.
- Job Title: Design / Technical Engineer
- Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
- Applications Closing Date: 18th April 2022
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Organization: Schlumberger Limited
Schlumberger Limited Job Advert
The Design / Technical Engineer is responsible for assisting the PSD team to deliver safe, efficient, and reliable product and service delivery for our customers. The Design / Technical Engineer develops and delivers optimized technical job designs for the area of responsibility.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- These responsibilities are activities that correspond to the metro stops and key processes.
- Develop Technical Job Proposal
- Create Engineering Design
- Validate Event Investigation
- Develop technical job designs as required for the Product Line.
- Identify areas where new and cost-effective techniques can be applied.
- Explore opportunities for value-added products and services.
- Provide technical support throughout the service delivery process.
- Understand and communicate value of technology and interpretations.
- Consult with relevant subject-matter experts as required to optimize the technical design.
- Support the ON PSD and/or PSD Manager in the execution phase with design changes as required due to changes in job dimensions, resource availability, service quality incidents, etc.
- Assist in incident response, recovery, and incident investigation.
- Support multiple Product Line operations in a collaborative optimized job design.
- Assist sales and commercial team in evaluating technical viability and tenders.
- Analyse job execution vs. design and formally capture design improvements and optimization opportunities (lessons learned and best practices).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Discipline
- Must have experience using Optical technology, QUANTUM or XMP (FOSC) systems
- Must have experience working on multiple zone completion in cased hole wells with sliding sleeves and QUANTUM packers
- Must have experience supporting offshore lower completions (Open hole gravel pack, Isolation valves)
- Must have experience supporting upper completions (gas lift, permanent monitoring gauge)
- At least one experience Project Manager supporting Completions
- At least two years’ experience as a Technology Life Cycle (TLM) Manager
- At least one year experience as a Field Service Manager supporting Completions and Sand Management operations
- At least one year experience as a Project Engineer supporting Completions, Sand Management operations
- Must hold a valid Project Management Professional certification
- At least five years’ experience as a Schlumberger Completions Field Engineer
How to Apply to Schlumberger Limited Vacancy:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send ONLY a CV and application letter MERGED into ONE document to email address: [email protected]
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters via Email to: [email protected]
Tel: +256754900901/ +256784701294 for any inquiries.
PLEASE NOTE: Please DO NOT attach any other documents. Please quote the Job title being applied for in the subject of your email and apply for only ONE post.