SeaOwl manages the complete recruitment cycle from sourcing, recruitment, mobilization and personnel planning for energy customers. It is specialized in highly-skilled profiles and the underlying activity of designees / staff mainly covers drilling and offshore oil rig management. It also provides scalable, integrated operations & maintenance resources and services covering the lifecycle of energy assets, as well as teleoperated surveillance and maintenance services.
- Job Title: Personnel Transport Assistant
- Duty Station: Uganda
- Applications Closing Date: 7th March 2022
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Organization: SeaOwl Energy Services
- Reports to: Personnel Transport Coordinator
SeaOwl Energy Services Job Advert
The Jubilee Insurance Ltd is seeking agents to sell various Life insurance packages.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day to day management and coordination of personnel transport in Kampala areas including crew change
- Conducting inspections on all vehicles mobilized within operations
- Ensure that all the Journey Management Plans are in place for all planned and unplanned journeys
- Follow up on vehicle maintenance, repairs, mobilization, and demobilization
- Management of the drivers with Coaching, and training regarding Company rules
- Proper and efficient Land Transport Management to ensure that application of land transport procedure
- Regularly checking of TEPU drivers’ knowledge and understanding of the TEPU driving rules
- Focused awareness to drivers on road risks, mitigation measures, consistent enforcement of a normally reporting
- Audits follow up and close out of HSE actions in synergy related to Land Transport operations
- Manage the company assigned drivers and associated contract(s), through assigning them work duties
- To schedule, organize, direct and control all day-to-day vehicle activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensure that there exists adequate emergency breakdown equipment, first aid equipment in all vehicles
- Perform regular inspection of equipment and vehicles to ensure that they are in a safe working condition.
- Evaluate that drivers are appropriately licensed and experienced to safely and competently operate the vehicle
- HSE performance in accordance with Total Group objectives, demonstrate HSE leadership and develop a safety culture within the drivers.
- Ensure proper and effective internal controls and safety standards are in place for all transport activities, ensuring that all activities are performed with the highest level of consideration to HSE risk management, protection of human’s health, respect of various communities and care of environment.
- Analyse the performance of land transport/drivers contractors, propose appropriate improvements, further maintain records and statistics to ensure accurate reporting, KPIs, CPIs and prepares consolidated reports
- Implement all the KPI’s for land transport operations and participate in the definition, implementation and monitoring of action plans under the responsibility of the operational departments.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor of Engineering, Logistics Management or equivalent
- At least three years’ experience in transport management in manufacturing/construction, Logistics operations and transport.
- In depth knowledge of Road safety acts, Uganda traffic regulations
- Logistics & HSE management rules and techniques, Drivers management, transport operations management, Technical understanding of fleet operations, Land Transport Management systems including IVMS/OBC, land transport procedures.
- Good experience in database management including MS access, word, project, excel.
- Self-motivated, and proactive in carrying out the activities of the job.
- Adheres to the values and principles of the Company at all times.
- Ability to work under pressure and stressing conditions, ability to adapt, analyse problems and communicate with all entities, analytical mind, rigorous, holistic approach and tenacity, flexible and able to write Standing Instructions and Procedures.
- Active team player with ability to manage and integrate with others in different functions and environment.
How to Apply to SeaOwl Energy Services Vacancy:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a detailed CV ONLY by email to:
The subject of your email should be the position you are applying for
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters via Email to: [email protected]
Tel: +256754900901/ +256784701294 for any inquiries
PLEASE NOTE: The payment is strictly COMMISSION BASED.