Tropical Bank Limited was established in 1973 under the name Libyan Arab Uganda Bank for Foreign Trade and Development. Tropical Bank Limited is jointly owned by the Governments of the Republic of Uganda 0.03% and the Libyan Foreign Bank (LFB) 99.97% of Paid-up Capital.
- Job Title: Senior Operational Risk Analyst
- Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
- Applications Closing Date: 6th March 2022
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Organization: Tropical Bank
Tropical Bank Job Advert
To assist in the proactive identification, measurement, monitoring and control of inherent Operational risks that the bank is faced with and those that the bank will continue to face.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct an annual Business Impact analysis taking into account new risk emanating from new products and services and improvement in internal controls.
- Plan, conduct and report on Business Continuity tests with the aim of improving the Bank’s resilience to shocks.
- In collaboration with ICT, plan and oversee disaster recovery tests and ensure ongoing improvements in the Bank’s disaster recovery capabilities.
- Conduct root cause analysis for all incidents, monitor implementation of recommendations aimed at avoiding reoccurrence of similar incidents, and maintain an incident log register.
- Proactively identify control deficiencies from internal audit, external audit, BOU and other review recommendation and through gap analysis to ensure “fit for purpose remediation by business of any risk exposures
- Carry out due diligence reviews for all partners, service providers and stakeholders that deal directly with the Bank and with potential to create risk exposure to the Bank
- Daily Analysis of all the General ledger accounts to ensure that any exceptions and long outstanding items are identified and resolved on a timely basis
- Conduct branch and Head office risk reviews for quality assurance
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Key Performance Indicators
- Timely submission of the Operational Risk Dashboard for review by Manager Operational Risk
- of exceptions per audit reports/onsite examiner reports
- of frauds register per month/year
- Improved/streamlined processes
- of business disruptions registered per month/year
- of incidents registered per month/year
- All end month reports prepared and ready for review by the 5th day of the next month
- Timely escalation of exceptions noted
- Branch and Departmental reviews and assessments conducted twice each year.
- Operational losses as a percentage of gross income within tolerance thresholds.
- Effective action plan tracking on incident management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- Certification in Risk Management will be an added advantage
- At least two years’ experience in Risk Management or Assurance function.
- Behavioural competencies
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good accounting knowledge
- Strong knowledge of the Banks’ policies, procedures and practices
- Working knowledge of transaction processes relevant to products and services offered to customers
- Working knowledge of the Bank’s operating systems and controls
- Able to identify, understand and address business needs and strategies
- Good analytical skills
How to Apply to Tropical Bank Vacancy:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their CV and academic papers to [email protected] in one PDF
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters via Email to: [email protected]
Tel: +256754900901/ +256784701294 for any inquiries
- Candidates must put the Job tittle/position in the subject of the email during submission of their application.
- Tropical bank does not ask for money or rewards in exchange for Job opportunities.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted.