The Uganda Broadcasting Corporation (UBC) was established under the Uganda Broadcasting Corporation Act of 2005 to provide for a successor corporate body to Radio Uganda and Uganda Television. It is mandated to provide national radio and television services. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda.
- Job Title: Internal Auditor
- Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
- Position(s): Fresher Job Opportunities
- Applications Closing Date: 1st April 2023
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Organisation: Uganda Broadcasting Corporation (UBC)
Uganda Broadcasting Corporation Job Advert
To examine the soundness of financial management systems and procedures of UBC report upon any departure from the Corporation rules and procedures, advice on corrective and remedial actions
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that current and future financial management systems conform to government regulators, professional accounting requirements and to corporate rules and regulations and procedures.
- Reporting on any weaknesses or failure to comply with procedures and propose remedial action.
- Carrying out regular random audits of UBC cash.
- Auditing revenue and expenditure assets and liabilities to ensure that they are fairly stated in financial statements.
- Producing an Annual Budget for all audit activities and also monitor performance against this budget.
- Setting objectives for the internal audit unit, with particular reference to the range of activities to be covered and deployment of staff.
- Preparing a program for full audit coverage of all UBC Units.
- Reporting all examinations and audits to the Managing Director and the appropriate departmental heads as necessary.
- Carrying out special audits as directed by the Managing Director.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Degree, preferably B.com, BBA, Bachelor of Commerce in Finance & Accounting or any other related field.
- A post graduate qualification is an added advantage
- Two years of experience in the auditing field is an added advantage.
How to Apply to Uganda Broadcasting Corporation Vacancy:
If you meet the requirements, please forward your application letter accompanied by a detailed C.V, photocopy of Certified Testimonials addressed to the:
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters via Email to: [email protected]
Tel: +256754900901/ +256784701294 for any inquiries
- Applications should be delivered to the Recruitment Secretariat at UBC Administration block
- All Applicants should clearly indicate the post applied for on the envelope.