World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children, and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children.
- Job Title: Project Support Assistant
- Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
- Position(s): Fresher Admin Job Opportunities
- Applications Closing Date: 24th March 2023
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Organization: World Vision International
- Reports to: Program Manager
World Vision International Job Advert
The Programme Support Assistant’s duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. Supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
People & Service provider management
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Coordinate repairs to office equipment
- Planning, Documentation and events support
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems
- Ensure soft copy documents are backed weekly
- Office House Management
- Ensure there are enough refreshments and cleaning supplies and materials
- Maintain office key logs and ensures office premises are safe; secures office keys and allocates them to staff keeping copies of each set of keys.
- Assistant in maintaining asset registers and ensure routine service of office machinery and assets.
- Order office supplies
- Maintain a database of Office Asset
- Identify and coordinate request for installation, repair services in line with policy
- Monitoring the security of the store as well as cleanliness
- Track and ensure timely payment of utility bills
- Provide logistical support and back up in the planning of meetings and workshops
- Ensure adequate stocks of key office materials are in place at all times
- Communication and relationships
- Provide information by answering questions and requests
- Provide general support to visitors
- Hotel reservations processing and management
- Book travel arrangements and hotels
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Diploma in Business Administration, Office Management, Social Sciences or related disciplines.
- At least two years of experience in implementing administrative work preferably within an NGO setting.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Good report writing and feedback skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills
- Customer care experience
- Can perform other duties as required.
How to Apply to World Vision International Vacancy:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae by applying online through visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters via Email to: [email protected]
Tel: +256754900901/ +256784701294 for any inquiries