In partnership with the Nigerian Export Promotion Council (NEPC) and Riby, Nourishing Africa has launched the Youth in Agri-food Export Development Program (YAEDP), a six-month program designed to develop the capacity of 15,000 Nigerian youth, aged 25 – 40 to participate in the export sector.
Youth in Agri-food Export Development Program for Nigerians Advertisement
- Position(s): Several
- Applications closing Date: April 30, 2022
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Company Name: Nourishing African
The program will provide training, market linkages, and digital support to entrepreneurs and co-operative leaders in the Nigerian agri-food sector. The YAEDP is accepting applications from agri-food entrepreneurs and cooperative leaders in these value chains: Cocoa, Spices, Sesame, Shea butter, Cashew, Cassava, Soybean, Rubber, and Ginger.
If selected, participants must be willing to dedicate at least 3 hours in a week for 6 – 8 weeks for the training component of the program. The training will be entirely online, leveraging digital channel and media.
- Open to Nigerian agripreneurs and agro-cooperative leaders between 25 – 40 years old who are looking to export their produce.
- Applicants’ businesses must be located in the priority states in the country – Abia, Adamawa, Cross River, Edo, FCT, Kano, Kaduna, Kogi, Lagos, Ogun, and Oyo.
- Applicants must produce and/or sell food products in the priority value chains.
- The business must have been operational for at least one year.
- The YAEDP aims to ensure inclusiveness, hence, they strongly encourage applications from women and underrepresented youth such as those with disabilities.