Registration for Matric 2021 is ongoing through the Second Chance Matric programme.
How to Register To Rewrite Matric Subjects 2021
The board has provided anyone who wants to rewrite their Matric Exams with the option of writing any subjects no matter what marks they got.
“The supplementary examination in February/March has been phased out and is therefore no longer available. A new examination is available during May/June where candidates can improve their results or complete outstanding results.”
Reasons to Rewrite Matric/Supplementary Examinations
- If you didn’t have the required scores.
- If you didn’t meet the entry requirement for University.
- Candidates who could not sit or finish the November examination due to medical reasons; a death in the family, or another special reason, can also write the supplementary examinations. Such a candidate must provide documentary evidence of why they were not able to write in November.
The following opportunities to rewrite exist:
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) supplementary exams
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) progressed learners (learners who wrote the NSC the previous year but did not sit for all 6 subjects)
- Part-time NSC candidates (learners who attempted the NSC examinations post-2015)
You can register online here to rewrite or visit the district office and complete a form there.
To be registered you will need to submit the following:
- Completed registration form
- A certified copy of your ID document or birth certificate or passport (foreign candidates)
- Repeater candidates must attach a copy of their previous highest qualification
- If you have entered and written any other Grade 12 or equivalent examination before you will need to supply the examination numbers for those exams.
IMPORTANT: The department encourages Matrics who feel they might want to rewrite to register even if they haven’t seen their results yet or even if they won’t actually end up writing to avoid missing deadlines.
Deadline for Matric Registration
The deadline to apply to rewrite is 31 March.