ASA Microfinance Uganda Ltd (ASA Uganda) is a for-profit, non-depository Microfinance Institution, operating as a microfinance company and regulated by the Uganda Microfinance Regulatory Authority (UMRA). ASA Microfinance Uganda Ltd is also a member of the Association of Microfinance Institutions of Uganda (AMFIU).
- Job Title: Human Resources Officer
- Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
- Applications Closing Date: 14th April 2022
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary
- Organisation: ASA Microfinance Uganda Ltd (ASA Uganda)
- Reports to: Head Human Resource
ASA Uganda Job Advert
The Human Resource Officer will be responsible for advising and supporting the delivery of HR services in HR Planning, selections, recruitment, contract administration, entitlements and benefits, performance management, staff development, and learning to the staff at all levels.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives, policies, procedures and systems.
- Provide orientation to staff on HR policies and procedures.
- Provide support in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting advertisements, and managing the hiring process.
- Create and implement effective on-boarding plans.
- Assist in performance management processes, including timely probation and annual appraisal processes, contract renewals, etc.
- Support the management of disciplinary & grievance issues to ensure a just resolution.
- Support the HR Manager in reviewing employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
- Support in maintaining an effective, accurate, hard and soft copy HR filing system for all employee records as required.
- Preparation of HR related statistics and periodic reports.
- Provides general office support services; drafts and /or processes a variety of correspondences and other communications.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the level of the post, as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Social Sciences, or related field.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in HR field.
- Knowledge of HR functions (recruitment, training & development, pay & benefits, etc)
- Understanding of labour laws of Uganda and disciplinary procedure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Outstanding organizational and time management abilities;
- Problem-solving and decision making aptitude;
- Proficiency in MS Office, knowledge of Excel is a plus.
- Self-motivated, proactive, highly organized self-starter with grit, determination and passion for hard work.
- High analytical skills.
- Has a personal commitment to organizational excellence; displays honesty, integrity, reliability and a strong sense of ethics in all decision and actions.
How to Apply to ASA Microfinance Uganda Ltd Vacancy:
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters via Email to: [email protected]
Tel: +256754900901/ +256784701294 for any inquiries
- Please note that hand-delivered applications will not be accepted, but send your applications on the above email address. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- ASA Microfinance (U) Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and aims to attract and select a diverse workforce, ensuring equal opportunity to everyone, irrespective of race, age, gender, class, ethnicity, disability, location, and religion.
- Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.