The World Bank is a vital source of financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world. The World Bank provides low-interest loans, zero to low-interest credits, and grants to developing countries. These support a wide array of investments in such areas as education, health, public administration, infrastructure, financial and private sector development, agriculture, and environmental and natural resource management.
- Job Title: Financial Management /Governance Specialist
- Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
- Applications Closing Date: 9th April 2022
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Organisation: World Bank Group (WBG)
World Bank Group Job Advert
We are seeking to recruit a Governance Specialist – Financial Management (“FMS”), to support the work of the Governance Global Practice, based in the Kampala, Uganda office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The staff member will report to the Global Governance Practice Manager for the AFR East Governance team.
- The successful applicant will work with the Governance team and with the broader country team for Uganda including colleagues in the Country Management Unit, procurement, disbursements, and other Global Practices.
- The FMS will carry out financial management (FM) work in respect of projects and programs (operations) financed by the World Bank Group, and also contribute to advisory and technical assistance tasks.
- The FMS will have the responsibility for the full range of operational FM duties, supporting and working as part of Bank project task teams.
- The FM duties include assessing the adequacy of financial management arrangements for new and ongoing operations; monitoring compliance with the Bank’s audit and fiduciary requirements; and ensuring that WBG-financed operations are carried out in accordance with applicable FM policies, procedures, and instructions.
- Responsibilities will also include providing capacity building to project staff in the client government and supporting analytical work on FM and public financial accountability.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should be a qualified professional accountant (CPA, CA or equivalent membership of an internationally recognized professional accounting institute) with a Master’s degree in accounting, business, finance, public finance, economics or related subject and at least 5 (five) years of post-professional-qualification experience (after qualifying as a professional accountant) in auditing or financial management.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English language is necessary.
- Substantial experience and knowledge of financial management in World Bank-financed lending operations, either working directly for the World Bank, or in a World Bank-financed operation.
- Substantial knowledge and experience of working on financial management and auditing systems in Uganda, in the public and private sectors.
- Significant experience in assessing and strengthening financial management processes and systems (including budgeting, accounting, cash management, internal audit, financial reporting and external auditing).
- Significant experience in evaluating/interpreting financial statements and audit reports, and in identifying appropriate remedial and follow-up actions.
- Significant experience working on financial management with development agencies.
- Knowledge of international standards, including International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), International Standards on Auditing (ISA), International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) International Standards of Supreme Audit Institutions (ISSAI) and COSO framework.
- Strong analytical capabilities and planning, organization and time management skills.
- Capacity to function effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team, and ability to search for common ground to problem-solve.
- Ability to provide training and capacity building on financial management.
How to Apply to World Bank Group Vacancy:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters via Email to: [email protected]
Tel: +256754900901/ +256784701294 for any inquiries