which recognize, honor and celebrate women entrepreneurs and business owners in Africa and across various industry sectors for their achievements and contribution to the continent’s inclusive economic growth and social development.
Africa Women Innovation & Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) Awards Advertisement
- Position(s): Several
- Applications closing Date: June 3, 2023
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Company Name: Africa Women Innovation & Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF)
Nominees for the AWIEF Awards should be emerging and established female entrepreneurs in the private business and not-for-profit sectors who have demonstrated outstanding vision, leadership and inspiration in spite of challenges to make a significant social impact and/or become successful in their businesses in line with AWIEF’s core areas of innovation, technology, entrepreneurship, leadership, and socio-economic development.
Winners of the 2023 AWIEF Awards will be announced and celebrated at a special gala dinner at the AWIEF2023 conference, which is set to take place on 26 and 27 September 2023, in Cairo, Egypt, with the theme ‘Advancing Africa through Gender Integration’.
The AWIEF Awards covers 8 categories:
- The Young Entrepreneur Award
- Tech Entrepreneur Award
- Agri Entrepreneur Award
- Creative Industry Award
- Empowerment Award
- Energy Entrepreneur Award
- Social Entrepreneur Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- The Young Entrepreneur Award: Nominees must be between 18 and 35 years old and must exemplify leadership in their field and the importance of entrepreneurship to effect positive change. The young entrepreneurs must have achieved tangible and material success (revenue and number of employees can indicate this).
- Tech Entrepreneur Award: Nominees should be female entrepreneurs who have built an innovative, groundbreaking and game-changing technology venture or start-up.
- Agri Entrepreneur Award: Nominees should be female entrepreneurs who have successfully started an agri-enterprise and have an innovative product or service in the Agriculture value chain with evidence of impact in their communities.
- Creative Industry Award: Nominees should be female entrepreneurs who reflect outstanding success in the creative industry, including music, performing arts, film, television and radio, software and interactive content such as virtual reality and augmented reality, media writing, publishing and print media, design and visual art.
- Empowerment Award: Nominees should be women who have greatly contributed and invested in inspiring, mentoring and empowering women and girls, thereby significantly impacting the communities in which they operate, and society at large.
- Energy Entrepreneur Award: Nominees should be female entrepreneurs in the oil & gas and/or green energy & renewable energy sectors who are operating successful businesses with impact on energy access and/or availability in their communities and countries.
- Social Entrepreneur Award: Nominees should be female entrepreneurs who have developed an innovative, systemic and sustainable solution that directly tackles a social issue, thereby having a transformative social impact on their communities and countries.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Nominees should be established women entrepreneurs who have demonstrated prolonged and consistent achievements in business, and exceptional and outstanding business leadership. The award also recognizes significant contributions made to job creation and the economy.
How to Apply
Nominations for the 2023 AWIEF Awards close on June 3, 2023. You can either self-nominate or nominate someone else.
- Register an entrant profile by clicking “submit an entry” in the top right-hand corner of the nomination page.
- Fill in the nomination form and submit.
For more information, visit AWIEF Awards.