Supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) is a joint mission of the 8th UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon and MCI | The Entrepreneurial School.
Ban Ki-moon Scholarship for Masters Study at MCI Advertisement
- Position(s): Several
- Applications closing Date: March 31, 2022
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Company Name: MCI
This scholarship under the patronage of Excellency Ban Ki-moon shall allow students engaged in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to study and develop at a prestigious university institution in Europe. The scholarship is applicable for the first year of the respective master program.
- Corporate Governance & Finance (online)
- Entrepreneurship & Tourism
- Environmental, Process & Energy Engineering (full-time)
- European Health Economics & Management
- International Business & Law
- International Business & Management
- International Health & Social Management
- Management, Communication & IT
- Mechatronics & Smart Technologies (full-time)
- Medical Technologies
- Digital Business MBA
- Executive MBA
- Digital Economy & Leadership MSC (online)
- Digital Marketing & Analytics MSC (online)
- Management & Leadership MSC
- A one-off scholarship of up to 10,000 EUR to cover (part of) the current annual tuition fee.
- Scholarship amount will offset the corresponding amount of the tuition fees for the first academic year; it cannot be used to cover any other expenses like travel, accommodation, etc.
- For all masters’ programs: Nationals of Non-EU countries
- For all Executive masters’ programs: All nationals
- Students who have been engaged and committed to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and aim to further engage with and promote these goals during their studies.
- Available for freshers who are required to pay the current annual tuition fee.
Selection Criteria Regarding the SDGs
Applications will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Current (or past) commitment to the SDGs
- Degree and nature of engagement / commitment
- Evidence provided
- Impact achieved
- Future commitment to the SDGs
- Feasibility of the defined goals
- Match and congruence of applicant’s SDG focus and chosen MCI degree
- Potential impact of applicants’ goals
Applications will be evaluated in a two-stage process based on the selection criteria mentioned above. In a pre-selection round, applications will be shortlisted. Subsequently, shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview with the jury consisting of jurors from the Ban Ki-moon Centre and MCI.
The final decision is made based on the following weighting:
- 50% submitted documents
- 50% interview with the jury
How to Apply
Application requirements include:
- Submitted admission application to the respective MCI study program.
- A statement (approximately 500 words) that recounts the applicant’s current (or past) commitment to one or several SDGs, including reference to concrete evidence / documentation.
- A motivation letter describing the applicant’s future goals supporting the SDG(s) and explaining how their studies at the MCI will help them achieve these aims. The motivation letter should also explain how applicants would benefit from the awarded scholarship (financial aspects).
- Language proficiency
- Passport copy (not applicable for Executive masters’ applicants)
For more information, visit Ban Ki-Moon Scholarship.