The Climate Leadership Fellowship (Special edition for Energy Leaders) is designed to provide expert training fellows who are within or are passionate and willing to make a difference in clean cooking, clean energy, solar power, waste to energy sectors on concept and applications of renewable energy for a better climate.
Climate Leadership Fellowship 2022 for Energy Leaders in Nigeria (Cohort 3)
- Position(s): Several
- Applications closing Date: July 29, 2022
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Company Name: Climate
After training, all fellows will then Adopt a School where they will teach climate change and renewable energy helping to groom young ones who will promote a climate resilient nation. All fellows will receive a climate education toolkit for teaching in schools and a certificate of climate leadership.
- Provide expert training on climate change advocacy in relation to clean energy transition and leadership to promote national climate resilience.
- Expose young people to the various opportunities within the renewable energy sector.
- To establish Green Clubs across two hundred secondary schools in Nigeria’s six geopolitical zones.
- To train and mentor two hundred young Nigerians as climate change educators in year one.
- To train 20000 secondary school students as climate champions through the fellows Adopt a School and Teach climate change in year one.
- To provide internship and work experience for trained climate advocates through the Adopt a School.
- To invest in and Promote a climate resilient energy sector.
- Build two hundred sustainability and climate smart schools across the six geopolitical zones.
- Receive expert training from globally renowned climate activists.
- Be trained as a climate change educator.
- Receive a Climate Change Education toolkit to teach in secondary schools.
- Become a part of the climate change awareness frontliners.
- Gain access to free trainings and up skilling programs.
- Gain work experience in the area of climate leadership.
- Gain recommendations for fellowships or international trainings.
- Receive a Climate Leadership Certificate.
- Open to youth aged between 22 – 35 years;
- Demonstrated leadership for climate change and renewable energy;
- Part of a growing environmental/renewable energy organization or involved/interested in a renewable energy business (serving Corp members with interest in renewable energy can apply);
- Graduated from University;
- Interested in clean/renewable energy solutions for electricity or for cooking;
- Passion to promote awareness for climate change;
- From any part of the world but resident in Nigeria.
Selected applicants should be available and willing to teach climate change within their communities using provided toolkit, participate in the climate leadership expert training, submit a fellowship work plan, and be available for all virtual meetings.
Participants are expected to:
- Commit 5 hours per week to for the expert trainings and LIVE calls
- Adopt a school and complete the four-week program teaching climate change in schools
- Demonstrate innovation during the Adopt a School
How to Apply
For more information, visit Climate Leadership Fellowship.