The management of the Kumasi Technical University (KTU) has released the Admission Requirements for the Student of the institution.
The Kumasi Technical University, KTU Students applying to Undergraduates, Postgraduate, Diploma, Masters programs, etc must meet the following criteria in order to be considered for admission.
KTU Admission Requirements
Applicants must possess a BTech or BSc Statistics degree or equivalent qualification. Applicants must possess a BTech or BSc Environmental Statistics degree or equivalent qualification. All applicants, except past graduates of Kumasi Technical University, must submit official transcripts of their academic records.
General / Minimum Requirements
- Six passes (A-D) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics; and
- At least three (3) of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization.
- Six passes (A1-D7) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics; and
- Must possess a minimum of C6 in any three (3) of the elective subjects relevant o the area of specialization.
ABCE/ ‘O’&’A’ Level Applicants
- Five (5) ABCE credits or five (5) GCE Ordinary Level credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least two (2) GCE ‘A’ Level/ABCE passes.
- Five (5) GBCE credits including English, Business Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies.
- Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE Credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least three DBS passes.
Technical School Applicants (Certificate II)
Passes in English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science plus any three (3) relevant trade courses.
- Mature Candidates must:
- Be 25 years old and show proof of age with a birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of birth date which is at least 5 years old at the time of application.
- Have at least two (2) years of working experience (letter from the employer is required).
- Pass a written examination conducted by the University.
- Mature applicants applying for HND Dispensing Technology/Medical Laboratory Technology/Science and Industrial Laboratory Technology should have relative hospital/industrial experience with ‘O’ Level/WASSCE/SSSCE pure science background (Chemistry and Biology) as well as credits in English and Mathematics (core).
Entry Requirements for Part-Time Programmes
- Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE passes including English Language and Mathematics.
- Entry Requirements for Technician Part II
- Four (4) passes Technician Part I
For more information about KTU requirements, simply drop a comment below and assistance will be given to you within 48hrs.