The program is designed to accelerate the careers of women in the wind industry, support their pathway to leadership positions and foster a global network of mentorship, knowledge-sharing and empowerment.
GWEC Leadership Program Advertisement
- Position(s): Several
- Applications closing Date: February 20, 2022
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Company Name: GWEC.
In order to advance the role of women as agents of change in society and promote best practices within the wind industry, the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC) partnered with the Global Women’s Network for the Energy Transition (GWNET) to launch the Women in Wind Global Leadership Program in 2019.
The following are included in the program:
- A mentorship program with monthly virtual meetings.
- A specially designed learning and development program, with knowledge transfer webinars and skill-building elements for leadership, communication, presentation and industry visibility.
- A week-long study tour in Europe, including an industry conference, visits and meetings at key institutions, facilities and company headquarters relevant to the wind sector, as well as high-level seminars and workshops (pending feasibility in 2022).
- Network-building opportunities at major international energy events.
- An achievement ceremony for program completion.
- Applicants must be citizens or residents of the following emerging markets for wind power: Algeria, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Egypt, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Morocco, Philippines, Russia, Senegal, South Africa, Thailand, Turkey and Vietnam.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- 4+ years of professional experience in the wind energy industry;
- A track record of leadership and achievement in professional career or otherwise; and
- Professional working proficiency in English (written and spoken).