The Halcyon Incubator is committed to solving 21st-century challenges throughout the nation and the world. By helping social entrepreneur fellows transform audacious ideas into scalable and sustainable ventures, the Incubator acts as a catalyst for measurable social outcomes.
Halcyon Flagship Residential Fellowship, Advertisement
- Position(s): Several
- Applications closing Date: March 15, 2022 – September 7, 2022.
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Company Name: Halcyon
During the Halcyon Flagship Residential Fellowship, a diverse cohort of fellows receives free residency and workspace, mentorship and leadership coaching, robust support from business consultants, and a living stipend to develop their entrepreneurial vision.
Fellows engage with the program in two major stages:
- Phase 1: Residency: Residency (5 months): Fellows live and work at Halcyon’s headquarters in Washington, DC, with total access to expert guidance. They participate in core programming that includes family breakfast, pitch sessions, skill series, advisor office hours, and more. Hard work and dedication during this phase culminates in a final showcase to a curated audience of partners, mentors, advisors, supporters, and potential investors.
- Phase 2: Post-Residency: Post-residency (13 months): Fellows continue to have access to free workspace at Halcyon, with additional resources available to build their networks, secure funding, and grow their venture.
- Rent-free housing in Washington, D.C. during the residency period
- A lifelong community of fellows in social enterprise
- Pro bono leadership coaching
- 1 year pro bono legal support
- Pro bono Deloitte consulting
- Individual mentor
- $10,000 stipend
- Skills training sessions
- Peer learning sessions
- Access to a world-class network of advisors
- Opportunities for investment
To be eligible for the Halcyon Flagship Residential Fellowship, you:
- May be from anywhere in the world and your venture may be focusing on any business sector, as long as it is an early-stage impact-driven venture (i.e. prioritizes social and/or environmental good along with business success)
- Must be the CEO and/or hold primary decision-making power in the growth and strategic vision for the venture’s development and management
- Must be able to make a full-time commitment to work on the venture during the residency phase (September 11, 2022- January 14, 2023)
- Must be able to postpone any undergraduate or graduate course work during the residency phase (September 11, 2022- January 14, 2023)
- Must already live or work in the U.S. or be able to obtain a visa for the residency phase (September 11, 2022- January 14, 2023)
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be at least 21 years of age by the start of the program
- May apply on your own or with up to one Co-Founder who meets the above eligibility requirements
- Must be willing to contribute to the growth and development of Halcyon’s fellow community
To be eligible for the Halcyon Flagship Residential Fellowship, your venture:
- Must be an original idea of the applicant(s)
- Must be early stage (you are too far along to benefit from Halcyon’s fellowships if your venture is earning $500,000 USD in annual recurring revenue)
- Must be an independent or autonomous venture that is not under the direction of an existing organization
- Must-have plans for a sustainable business model to generate revenue by selling a core product or service
- Must be a for-profit or hybrid venture with the core mission is to create measurable social and/or environmental change
- May not be a 501(c)(3) non-profit venture
- Impact. Successful applicants demonstrate a significant impact as a core part of their venture. They look for impact both in terms of how impactful the core product or service is, and how scalable is the model to spread this impact.
- Problem/Solution. Does your venture identify a real and pressing issue and propose a viable solution? Strong applications effectively and narrowly define a pain point and outline a solution that addresses the pain point.
- Sustainability. They are looking for innovative social ventures that sell a core product or service to achieve impact.
- Execution. The application is the first introduction; get off on the right foot. Successful applicants have a big vision, but also pay careful attention to detail.
- Innovation. How is your solution to a issue different from current solutions? What sets you apart? They value audacious ideas that disrupt the status quo and move the needle on 21st century challenges. Think big!
- Talent. Do you have what it takes to lead your venture to success? Strong applicants exhibit characteristics of extraordinary leadership: vision, intelligence, resilience, and follow-through.