The QECS offers a unique opportunity to study a two-year Master’s degree in a low or middle-income Commonwealth country.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) for Masters Study (Fully-funded) Advertisement
- Position(s): Several
- Applications closing Date: May 24, 2023
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Company Name: Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS)
Aimed at students who are committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, to broaden horizons, and to build a global network that will last a lifetime.
Award recipients receive:
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living expenses allowance (stipend) for duration of award
- Return economy flights to their host country
- An arrival allowance
- Research support grant – on request only; subject to approval
- Citizens (or those who hold refugee status) in a Commonwealth country are welcome to apply.
- Applicants must apply for a QECS award in a country other than their home country/country of citizenship.
- There is no upper age limit to be eligible for a QECS Award.
- You must have already completed your degree and have graduated with an equivalent of a 2:1 at the time of application. As part of the application process you will be asked to provide a copy of your final transcript and degree certificate.
- The QECS awards are only hosted by low and middle income countries. Therefore, these awards will not be hosted in Canada, the UK or Australia.
- University of the South Pacific, Fiji
- Papua New Guinea University of Technology
- North-West University, South Africa
- Rhodes University, South Africa
- Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- University of Pretoria (UP), South Africa
- University of Venda, South Africa
- University of Colombo, Sri Lanka
- University of Sri Jayawardenepura, Sri Lanka
How to Apply
Before submitting an application, review the available courses and entry requirements – in addition to the application guidance. Select a course that is offered at the university you select at the start of the form for your application to be counted.
To apply for a Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship, you must first create a My ACU account. This will enable you to save a draft application, and to log back in to see the status of your application once it is submitted.
For more information, visit QECS.