The SCA mentoring program (SCAMP) is specifically designed to pair experienced individuals excelling in their specific tech fields with girls/women who identify as beginners or intermediates in tech and in need of a guide and learning path while helping them grow in required ways in their career fields.
She Code Africa Fellowship Program (Cohort 6) Advertisement
- Position(s): Several
- Applications closing Date: June 19, 2022
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Company Name: She Code Africa
Tracks & Sub- Tracks Available
- Software Engineering: Web development (Front end / Back end), Software testing/Quality assurance, Cybersecurity
- Product: Product Design
- Data: Data science
- Software Engineering: Web development (Front end / Back end), Mobile development, Cross platform development,
- Product: Product Design , Product Management
- Data: Data science
- Be an active member of the She Code Africa Community (sign up here);
- Have made some learning progress in their specified field;
- Show proof of already made conscious learning efforts in their specified fields;
- Possess a working Laptop;
- Be willing to commit at least an hour a day to mentee activities.
How to Apply
- Step 1: Indicate interest in confirming eligibility and applying
- Step 2: Scale the application process and get an acceptance / rejection mail
- Step 3: Upon being accepted, pairing list would be shared on the private channel for the program on the slack community (you would be added automatically to this)
- Step 4: Connect with your assigned mentor and teammates
- Step 5: Work with your assigned mentor’s approved learning path on your field for the next 3 months
- Step 6: Participate in monthly assessments of your mentor and the mentoring program
- Step 7: To complete the SCA mentoring program, you must carry out Item 1 and any of Item 2:
- Publish/Push a related project worked on during your mentee program
- Publish a technical article/Public speaking on a technical talk
- Step 8: Best performing mentee gets awarded a choice course off their preferred learning platform and placed on Junior mentor roles in SCA.
For more information, visit She Code Africa.