The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities.
- Job Title: Supply Chain Officer
- Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
- Applications Closing Date: 12th March 2022
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Organisation: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
International Rescue Committee Job Advert
The Supply Chain Officer is an integral member of the management team and reports directly to the Field Coordinator and in Management in Partnership (MIP) with the Supply Chain Coordinator. This position is responsible for the management and delivery of effective Supply Chain support in Kiryandongo office program in compliance with IRC and donor regulations. Key responsibilities include procurement, transport, inventory, asset management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate and coordinate with Programs and Finance to ensure integrated and harmonized operational systems in the Kiryandongo office Program.
- Collaborate with Finance Officer to ensure that internal controls are met with minimum of bureaucracy.
- Work with Moroto Field Office Supply Chain Staff and Field Coordinator to ensure effectiveness and implementation of the IRC’s standard operating policies and procedures.
- Implement job specific trainings to ensure that Supply Chain staff’ possess the knowledge and skills commensurate with their responsibilities.
- Ensure that Supply Chain policies and procedures are in compliance with applicable IRC and funding source policies, procedures and requirements. All staff act in accordance with the policies.
- Maintain and update donor guidelines related to Supply Chain field (procurement, asset, etc.).
- Monitor Kiryandongo Supply Chain sections of budgets and track expenditure. Follow up as necessary including timely information and budgetary comments regarding any realignment.
- Finalize item forecast for all grants in Moroto. Work with program staff towards establishing the items forecast before the start of each grant ensuring they fit the activities in the budget, are donor compliant and realistic in terms of timing.
- Ensure all donor reports for assets are completed and submitted to the Supply Chain Coordinator.
- Disposal of assets is reviewed annually, and donor requirements followed as necessary.
- Familiarize with various donor regulations.
- Implement IRC Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) related to fleet management as well as the Vehicle Policy, ensuring adherence to all sections, with particular attention to safety and security issues.
- Raising Purchases for vehicles spare parts and vehicle repairs.
- Ensure that all vehicles carry the required on-board documentation and that all documents are kept current (including insurance).
- Ensure that all vehicles are secure when not in use.
- Be familiar with local regulations / laws and ensure that these are followed across the Country Program.
Training & Outreach:
- Proactively develop the skills of IRC Kiryandongo staff to understand and utilize Supply Chain tools and services to design and implement quality programming.
- Identify Supply Chain needs and ensure the issues are raised in new budget development.
- Ensure all Supply Chain staff are aware of and in compliance with IRC procurement, asset and stock management, transport, communications, etc., for them to clearly share this information.
- Practice excellent human resource management, supporting the development, promotion, and retention of a motivated team of qualified and experienced staff.
- Identify staffing and/or skill gaps and see that these gaps/needs are filled and support the recruitment of all Supply Chain staff and provide day to day supervision of department.
- Provide feedback through regular performance evaluations.
- Ensure that any staff discipline follows a progressive methodology which provides for clear and structured improvement.
- Develop long term plan for continued quality leadership by providing staff development and succession plans.
- Ensure procurement is done according to IRC and/or donor regulations.
- Ensure that staff participating in tender committees are trained and understand their roles and are certified.
- Ensure clear delineation of roles for procurement.
- Ensure the update of file and list of vendors in Kiryandongo.
- Ensure transport services are cost efficient and reliable.
- Ensure warehouse and stocks are secure, well managed and documented.
- Ensure assets and property are effectively managed, asset list is updated regularly, and assets are disposed according to IRC and/or donor regulations.
- Supply Chain works consistently with Security to maintain required security levels, awareness, and responsiveness.
- Manage Supply Chain staff (SC Assistants-Warehouse etc.).
- Work with program staff to develop item forecast.
- Establish Master Purchase Agreements/Master Service Agreement for frequently procured items
- The implementation and or maintenance of standard IRC procurement standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Ensuring that procurement is carried out in accordance with IRC and donor-specific polices.
- Attend all the procurement committee meetings.
- Coordination with Finance, Admin, and program departments to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
- Ensuring that a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented and maintained.
- Routine communication, coordination, and planning with the relevant requesting staff / programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies.
- Ensuring that all Supplies, services, and equipment required are delivered in time.
- Establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers.
- Maintain Vendor information for regularly purchased items and be informed of current local market conditions.
- Support and provide the appropriate trainings for procurement and program staff as required.
- Advise the Field Coordinator and Supply Chain Coordinator of procurement-specific issues or improvements.
Fleet Management & Coordination:
- Manage and be accountable for the fleet within the field office, including ensuring that servicing and repairs schedules are adhered to and inventory management of all vehicle-related parts and consumables.
- Ensure efficient, effective, and accurate fuel management of all vehicles, including engagements with fuel and lubricants service providers. Ensure that appropriate communications equipment is functioning in IRC vehicles to meet the operational and security requirements.
- Ensure the correct and timely routine maintenance and repair of IRC vehicles and generators.
- Inspect and record condition of vehicles, by maintaining weekly checklists file and ensuring that Vehicle’s logbooks are accurately filled
- Ensure all vehicles are properly cleaned on daily basis.
- Work with the Field Coordinator to ensure that vehicles are prepared for routine and emergency security requirements.
- Manage hired vehicles/Drivers.
- Make sure there is valid hire vehicles Master Service Agreements
- Evaluate, manage, and monitor drivers.
- Manage the vehicle pool (if applicable).
- Ensure that vehicles are fueled for day-to-day activities. Ensure that the fuel tank is not less than half of the fuel tank capacity.
- Advise the Field Coordinator of asset-specific issues or improvements.
- Update as per IRC requirements, the Asset register, Asset inventory list in Integra and expendable store inventory list and produce monthly reports.
- Monitor security of IRC’s assets and supplies.
- Receive completed store’s request forms and prepare the assets for issuance.
- Ensure assets are signed for received on the Equipment issue and receipt form.
- On a monthly basis, work with the operations Coordinator to reconcile the asset register and Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
- Update the asset register and Integra Fixed asset records regularly.
- Conduct routine asset inspection and submit report to the Supply Chain Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Keep an accurate and up-to-date record of asset inward and outward movement in the Asset register.
- Provide on-time, standard Supply Chain monthly reports to the Supply Chain Coordinator and Field Coordinator. including fuel consumption report, maintenance report and any other reports requested by Supervisor.
- Generate and / or maintain an IRC Vendor database.
- Generate and / or maintain comprehensive price list for goods, services and equipment purchased by IRC.
- Produce routine payment projections for Finance.
- Establish MPAs for frequently procured items and make sure renewals starts three months before MPAs expire.
- Ensure that procurement lead time is as per the County Program maximum number of days.
- Produce routine purchase status reports and send to all Kiryandongo staff.
- Well maintained fleet and good filing system for all vehicles.
- Maintain full and accurate inventory records for warehouses, assets, and furniture.
- Undertake (documented) monthly and ad-hoc physical inventory checks and 20% cycle counts.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- At least three years’ work experience in Supply Chain (Procurement, Assets, Transport and Warehouse).
- Knowledge of generic warehouse management systems and forms
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Good mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of generic Supply Chain procedures and practices (IRC or NGO experience advantageous).
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
- Familiarity with major donor and local regulations / laws advantageous.
- Competent use of pc especially spreadsheets (format / sort / filter).
How to Apply to International Rescue Committee Vacancy:
All suitably qualified candidates should apply online at the link below
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters via Email to: [email protected]
Tel: +256754900901/ +256784701294 for any inquiries