The MEAL Assistant – ONCE support will provide support to the wider MEAL team, made up of the DPD MEAL, MEAL Manager, MEAL Officer, Learning and Communications Officer and MIS Officer. GOAL is seeking a self-motivated and proactive individuals keen to learn and grow in a supportive role, gaining experience across a wide range of areas within the MEAL team. The role will support the wider MEAL team’s effort across GOAL’s different programme areas, including Nutrition sensitive Agriculture, and One Nutrition in Complex Environments.
- Job Title: MEAL Assistant x 2
- Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
- Position(s): 7 Months
- Applications Closing Date: 18th May 2023
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Organisation: MEAL
MEAL Job Advert
GOAL is currently seeking to hire competent people to join our Agago team. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join an extremely dynamic International NGO and to use your skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Data collection, analysis and reporting
- Support in planning, and in conducting sustainability, Agriculture production endline, Annual surveys and Venous blood collection, assessments and regular monitoring under ONCE and NSA (Cycle 3 and 4 beneficiaries data collection and graduation data collection)
- Participate in the development of daily rosters supporting the data collection teams
- Participate in the daily cleaning and data monitoring of all surveys during data collection
- Participate and lead daily debrief meetings with data collection teams
- Supervise a team of enumerators and share responsibilities for the completion of household surveys. Ensure that the team/s adhere to the SOPs for COVID 19 during data collection processes
- Help to produce reports drawn from the database and from other qualitative monitoring tools
- Support in data quality assessments and assurance
- Work with the Programme manager to contribute to monthly reports and donor reports as needed
Internal and external communications and learning
- Participate in cross-departmental learning events, including monthly MEAL meetings
- Work with the wider MEAL team to produce content for internal and external communications, including case studies and success and learning stories
- Compile and complete weekly MEAL, NSA report with input from PCCOs MEALO
- Participate in milestone verification reporting under EADC
Admin and team support
- Maintain MEAL team monitoring and reporting trackers for both internal and external content generation and sharing
- Regularly maintain and add to the MEAL Sharepoint site, ensuring information is correctly managed and used by the wider GOAL Uganda country programme
- Facilitate logistics and planning as needed for MEAL events or workshops, generating PRs
- Take and circulate minutes at MEAL meetings and other meetings as requested
- Any other tasks that is within the scope of MEAL work
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A diploma/degree, social and/or development (economic) studies or related, relevant subject
- Some hands-on experience in planning and conducting surveys or assessments
- Good computer skills (MS Word and Excel)
- Excellent verbal English language skills, demonstrable writing skills in English
- Knowledge of digital data collection tools such as Comm Care
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time from base
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a multi-cultural environment.
Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with GOAL as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this ongoing commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our Programmeming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a global team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development Programmemes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
General description of the country programme:
First operational in Uganda in 1979, the current GOAL Uganda country programme focuses on Health (including WASH, Health Accountability and Nutrition programing); and a market-based systems approach to improving agricultural livelihoods and WASH. GOAL Uganda mainstreams gender, child protection, social behaviour change and resilience strategies across all programming. GOAL works on a district focused approach and uses a mixture of direct implementation and partnerships with national and international civil society organizations, local government, the private sector and communities to give effect to our mission.
GOAL Uganda has a skilled team of approximately 100 personnel and manages an annual operating budget of approximately €8.7 million (2018). GOAL is currently operational in the North, South, East and West of Uganda with six established offices in Kampala, Lira, Bugiri, Moroto, Hoima, Kasese and Agago Districts. GOAL Uganda country programme is funded by a number of donors who include Mastercard, charity: water, Irish Aid and some small foundations.
Details of remuneration package and benefits
Our package includes a competitive salary, health insurance cover for up to 3 dependents, comprehensive 24 hour personal accident cover, terminal benefits equivalent to one month for each completed year of service and our working hours provide for a half day on Fridays. GOAL promotes a learning and development environment with training & study opportunities aligned to our staff development policy.
How to Apply to MEAL Vacancy:
Interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications by email with at least 3 reference contacts (current or former Line Managers) from the last three employers and daytime contact number to; [email protected] indicating the title ‘MEAL Assistant’ in the subject line by 18th May 2023. PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES.
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters via Email to: [email protected]
Tel: +256754900901/ +256784701294 for any inquiries