Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) is a private-not-for profit Company under Makerere University. MJAP works to build partnerships and strengthen health systems to optimally respond to HIV/AIDS, TB, Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and other diseases of public health importance in Africa.
- Job Title: Administrative Assistant
- Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
- Applications Closing Date: 14th April 2022
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Organisation: Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP)
- Reports to: Operations Manager, NTRL, Kampala
MJAP Job Advert
The Administrative Assistant will plan and provide administrative, finance and logistical services that will enable staff deliver program activities in line with the NTRL annual work plan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the implementation of work plans and budget utilization at NTRL according to NTRL’s annual plan and budget
- Safeguard and monitor the utilization of NTRL’s equipment and assets by offering security and preventive mechanical maintenance
- Implement strategies for monitoring payments, evaluating petty cash requests and prepare financial statements to account for office fund in line with the financial management procedures
- Develop and implement strategies for providing welfare services and other Human resource needs at NTRL area in line with the Human resource policies and procedures
- Liaise with the relevant departments to coordinate the logistical and administrative support such as budgets, schedules, confirmations, attendance etc
- Monitor the performance of drivers and ensure that they are performing according to NTRL’s rules and regulations
- Take documentation of meetings, including taking minutes, follow-up actions, and support disseminating outcomes to the relevant stakeholders
- Prepare reports and accountabilities for all expenditures in the office; before any other requisitions are made.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment at NTRL premises
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Management, Social sciences, Office management, or Business Administration, or related field
- A Post graduate diploma in any managerial course is an added advantage
- Four years of relevant working experience preferably in a Non-Governmental Organisation.
- Excellent organizational and office management skills
- Excellent digital skills and ability to navigate information technology such as online communication platforms; various packages such as word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook express etc.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply to Makerere University Joint AIDS Program Vacancy:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply via the email below and submit their cover letters, a detailed curriculum vita and copies of relevant academic documents to: [email protected] addressed to;
The Human Resource Manager, Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP)
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters via Email to: [email protected]
Tel: +256754900901/ +256784701294 for any inquiries
- The Application letter, CV and certificates be attached as one document; and should not exceed 5 MB.
- MJAP does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process.