Uganda Electricity Transmission Company limited (UETCL) is responsible for bulk purchase of electricity from the generating companies and selling it in bulk to the distribution companies throughout Uganda. UETCL is also responsible for exports and imports of electricity to Uganda. Our vision is: “To Become a leading strategic business partner in the transmission and Single Buyer Business and to support sustainable energy development in Uganda.”
- Job Title: Senior Protection Engineer – Metering
- Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
- Applications Closing Date: 18th April 2023
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Organisation: Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL)
- Reports to: Principal Maintenance Engineer
UETCL Job Advert
The position is located at Lugogo Office Block and reports to the Principal Maintenance Engineer and its primary purpose is to manage and maintain the power system protection and energy metering schemes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Periodic testing and maintenance of protection and energy metering systems countrywide
- Site acceptance testing and commissioning of Greenfield protection
- Coordinate the reading and timely delivery of billing energy readings
- Analyse relay coordination mal-operations as they occur.
- Adjust relay settings as need may arise to ensure proper co-ordination at all time.
- Modify protection schemes to suit new power system expansions as they arise.
- Supervise installation, maintenance and commissioning of energy meters at all commercial boundaries and transmission lines
- Participate in Stakeholder coordination meetings
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must have a Bachelor’s in Electrical engineering
- A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in power systems’ protection with at least 5 at an officer level Competencies:
- Must demonstrate skills in network communication theory and IP platforms
- Must have specialized training in power transformer and Transmission lines protection schemes from recognized manufacturing training institutes.
- Must have specialized training in Substation Automation Systems from recognized manufacturing training institutes
- Must be a registered or registrable Engineer (ERB)
- Master’s degree in electrical power systems is an added advantage.
- Analytical skills, interpersonal skills, leadership skills, report writing skills, Integrity, motivation and committed team player
How to Apply to Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited Vacancy:
- Only electronically sent applications will be accepted.
- Documents should be sent in a single PDF or MS. Word Document. No other format will be accepted.
- Applicants MUST submit copies of their academic documents.
All interested persons should send their applications to:
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters via Email to: [email protected]
Tel: +256754900901/ +256784701294 for any inquiries