WaterAid is an international non-governmental organization, focused on water, sanitation and hygiene. WaterAid’s vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. WaterAid transforms lives by improving access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation in the world’s poorest communities
- Job Title: WASH Project Officer
- Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
- Applications Closing Date: 1st April 2022
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Organisation: WaterAid
WaterAid Job Advert
The WASH Project Officer. WASH for improved Maternal, Neonatal and Child health services (WIM)/ Armani will divide technical assistance and support towards successful implementation of the project with a major focus on operational activities which includes planning, implementation, collaboration, coordination, documentation, monitoring and evaluation
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The post holder will manage project information and partner relationships while ensuring effective communication of the WAU led project results to the WIMS Project Manager, ensure risk management, project financial management and accountability aligned to the WAU values.
- The post holder will ensure periodic reports are compiled and written, shall apply the WaterAid data collection and storage tools/systems involving the use of mWater and Project Centre.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health, Public Health, Health Sciences, or any other related field;
- At least three to five years of demonstrated work experience in project planning, monitoring and evaluation with an INGO
- Experience in the field of WASH would be a strong advantage
- Proven knowledge of and professional experience in project management
- Planning and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills–both written and spoken English and confidence in interacting with a range of different types of stakeholder
- Proven ability to manage competing demands on time while still meeting deadlines
- Very strong attention to detail and able to deliver work of a high standard Highly motivated, able to self-start and proactively seek guidance or direction where required
- Team player with commitment to collaborative working
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work independently and efficiently with the following office tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Personal integrity, proactivity, result oriented, concern for impact, development oriented and understanding others .
- Presentation, report writing skills, teamwork, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
How to Apply to WaterAid Vacancy:
All suitably qualified candidates should apply online at the link below
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters via Email to: [email protected]
Tel: +256754900901/ +256784701294 for any inquiries