Applications are open for the United Nations Graduate Study Program (GSP) 2023. The Graduate Study Program (GSP) at UN Geneva is the longest-running educational program of the United Nations, now in its 60th year.
United Nations Advertisement
- Position(s): Several
- Applications closing Date: March 11, 2023
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Company Name: UN Geneva
- Participation in the program is free of charge.
- The United Nations does not make any financial contribution towards visa, travel, board and lodging costs of participants. Governments, universities or foundations may offer grants to selected candidates. Candidates should seek advice from their universities in this regard.
- Applicants must be between 22 and 32 years of age at the time of application.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a master’s degree, a postgraduate degree, or a doctorate program at the time of application. Proof of enrolment will be required.
- Those who are already employed full time are not eligible to apply.
- Those who have participated in previous Graduate Study Programs are not eligible to apply.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is necessary. As some discussions may be held in French (without interpretation), knowledge of French is also needed.
The Selection Committee is guided by the following criteria:
- Academic background and achievements
- Extracurricular activities
- Geographical balance
- Gender balance
- Knowledge of the two working languages of the Programme (fluency in English, knowledge of French)
- Usefulness of the Program for a prospective career of the applicant
How to Apply
Students who wish to participate in the 2023 Graduate Study Programme must submit their application online until Friday, 11 March 2023, 12 noon Geneva time. No applications will be accepted after this time.
The application form should be accompanied by a copy of the applicant’s passport; a letter of recommendation (in English or French) from a university or a governmental authority; a proof of current enrolment (at the time of application) in a master’s degree, a postgraduate degree, or a doctorate program; and copies of previous university diplomas obtained.