The Fellowship will provide two Canadians the opportunity to gain firsthand experience in a professional basketball operations environment.
Wayne and Theresa Embry Fellowship for Canadians ($35,000 CAD stipend) Advertisement
- Position(s): Several
- Applications closing Date: February 25, 2022
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Company Name: Wayne and Theresa Embry
The Raptors commit to providing at least one of the fellowship opportunities to an individual who identifies as part of a marginalized and/or racialized group. The fellowship consists of rotations to provide growth of knowledge and experience in all facets of an NBA basketball team. These include: coaching, scouting, team services, player development, medical, financial, equipment, travel and G-League. Each rotation will include a mentor and specific responsibilities in order to learn the role that each department plays within an NBA organization.
- As the fellow, you will also have the opportunity to gain event operations experience at NBA Summer League and Basketball without Borders world camp, held during NBA All-Star weekend. Travel and accommodations for these events will be covered as part of the Fellowship experience.
- The fellow will begin after the NBA Draft and prior to the start of 2021-22 season and receive a $35,000 CAD stipend which will be paid out semi-monthly.
- The Toronto Raptors are looking for individuals who, like Wayne & Theresa Embry, demonstrate a commitment to social impact and the game of basketball.
- Ideal candidates are community leaders working in basketball and/or working professionals with a passion for the game.
How to Apply
Mr. Embry is a big believer in the eight PS:
If you have demonstrated a commitment to these words in your life, this may be the opportunity for you.
For more information, visit Wayne and Theresa Embry Fellowship.