Applications are open for the WFP IGNITE Food Systems Challenge Rwanda 2022. Apply to receive up to US $50,000 in equity-free funding, mentorship and access to the world’s largest humanitarian organization.
WFP IGNITE Food Systems Challenge Advertisement
- Position(s): Several
- Applications closing Date: February 6, 2022
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Application Type: Challenge
- Company Name: WFP IGNITE Food Systems
- Funding: Apply to receive up to $50,000 in equity-free funding.
- 6 months acceleration support: Benefit from technical support to strengthen your skills and address any gaps in your business, with a tailored made curriculum and direct connections to experts and mentors.
- Networking and exposure: You will be able to tap into and leverage WFP’s strong network of public, private, and government partners.
- Your entity must possess a valid registration/certificate of incorporation for operating in Rwanda;
- Have proof of a revenue-generating business (total turnover in the case of cooperatives) of at least the equivalent of $5,000 USD for the year 2020-21;
- Be a team of at least 3 full-time members dedicated to the SME/cooperative, including the founding team;
- At least 50% of your founding and/or senior management team must be from Rwanda/East Africa;
- The entity must have key operations in Rwanda;
- Ventures that are women-led and/or have taken demonstrated action towards promoting women in their supply chain are especially encouraged to apply.
They will select based on the following criteria:
- Level of innovation: the solution solves a food challenge in an innovative way.
- Impact: the solution has a strong impact on strengthening food systems.
- Financial sustainability: the venture has a clear business model and is financially sustainable.
- Level of traction: the venture shows traction and demonstrates impact already.
- Scalability: the venture has a strong potential to be scaled up
- Team: The team combines the right experience and demonstrates a commitment to scale the solution.