Applicants can start at any level, and do not need to complete the whole programme. For example, applicants can start at Postgraduate Certificate level and work their way through to the LLM, or can stop after completing the PG Certificate. Applicants who have completed an undergraduate degree may start at LLM level, skipping the PG Certificate and Diploma.
Princeton Society of Fellows Postdoctoral Fellowship (Funded) Advertisement
- Position(s): Several
- Applications closing Date: August 2, 2022
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Company Name: Princeton Society
Appointed in the Council of the Humanities and academic departments, postdoctoral fellows pursue their research, attend weekly seminars, and teach half-time as lecturers for a term of three years.
In each of the first two years, fellows teach one course each semester; in their third year, only one course in either semester. Fellows must reside in or near Princeton during the academic year.
Five fellowships are to be awarded:
- Two or three Open Fellowships in any discipline represented in the Society
- One Fellowship in Humanistic Studies
- One Fellowship in East Asian Studies
- One Fellowship in Race and Ethnicity Studies
- Fellows receive a competitive salary and benefits, a $5,000 research account, access to university grants, a shared office, a desktop computer and other resources.
- Fellows are expected to reside in or near Princeton during the academic year in order to attend weekly seminars and participate fully in the intellectual life of the Society.
- Applicants holding the Ph.D. at the time of application must have received the degree after January 1, 2021.
- Applicants not yet holding the Ph.D. must have completed a substantial portion of the dissertation – at least half – at the time of application. Successful candidates must fulfill all requirements for the Ph.D., including filing of the dissertation, by June 15, 2023.
- Candidates for/recipients of doctoral degrees in Education, Jurisprudence, and from Princeton University are not eligible.
- Applicants may apply only once to the Princeton Society of Fellows.
- Selection is based on exceptional scholarly achievement and evidence of unusual promise, range and quality of teaching experience, and potential contributions to an interdisciplinary community. The Society of Fellows seeks a diverse and international pool of applicants, and especially welcomes those from underrepresented backgrounds.
How to Apply
Applicants are asked to submit an online application by August 2, 2022 (11:59 p.m. EDT).
For more information, visit Princeton Society of Fellows.