Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish Development Cooperation Organization and second-largest provider of humanitarian aid. FCA operates in over 15 countries, with dire need. FCA works with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political affiliations and focuses on quality Education, sustainable livelihoods and peace.
- Job Title: Secondary School Teachers
- Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
- Position(s): Several Job Opportunities
- Applications Closing Date: 13th May 2023
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Organisation: Finn Church Aid (FCA)
- Subject teachers: (Biology, Chemistry, Agriculture, Physics, Mathematics, Physical Education, Kiswahili, information Communication Technology (lCT) Art and Design.
FCA Job Advert
The trained teachers will directly facilitate general learning processes both in & out of classrooms during learning hours in the secondary school that you will be posted, and together with other colleague’s plan and deliver the lessons, carry out continuous assessment of learners and schedule remedial lessons when it’s required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Teachers role will include but not limited to:
- Preparing timely schemes of work and lesson plans for quality teaching and learning.
- Preparing teaching, learning materials and effectively teach students.
- Professionally manage his/her classrooms to ensure discipline and control for better teaching.
- Conducting timely, regular and quality learning assessment of students to guide teaching and learning processes.
- Promoting inclusiveness in the school by ensuring that preparation of teaching and learning materials take care of the different learning needs of learners in his/her class.
- Reporting on the academic performance of the learners through carrying out continuous assessment of all the learning stages.
- Attending staff meeting and participate in the planning and management of schools
- Participating in the co-curricular activities to enhance children’s holistic learning and expected competence development
- Participating in community mobilization and sensitization activities aimed at increasing enrolment.
- Be part of the child protection structure in school that will promote safety & protection of children while in school by ensuring the school is free from all forms of child abuse and risk
- Professionally carry out counselling and career guidance with his/ her learner to help learner understand the available career/ education pathways options for them
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A Teaching Diploma, from a recognized teacher training college or University is necessary.
- Must be registered with Ministry of Education, Science and Sports.
- At least two years’ experience in secondary school teaching.
- Must be a team player and able to work in a multi-ethnic environment.
- Must be an innovative teacher, able to produce results amidst
- Must be able to listen and respect authority.
- Must be hard-working and discipline
- High integrity personnel to control the teaching materials available and demonstrated knowledge of teachers cord of conduct.
- Willing to work with refugee community in promoting access to education
- Willing to reside in the remote refugee settlement.
How to Apply to Finn Church Aid Vacancy:
All applications should be physically delivered to.
Applicants with the specified requirements are invited to bring in their academic credentials, CV, cover letter explaining your ability and skills as well as indicating the subjects you teach and how your previous experience and training is relevant. Write to the Human Resource Officer, Finn Church Aid – Moyo- Obongi Palorinya Refugee settlement respectively. Hand-deliver your application to Finn Church Aid offices in – Moyo – Obongi Palorinya refugee settlement or any other FCA Office
Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for Interview.
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters via Email to: [email protected]
Tel: +256754900901/ +256784701294 for any inquiries