University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems.
- Job Title:Strategic Information Officer
- Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
- Applications Closing Date: 16th March 2022
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Organization: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
- Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
University Research Co., LLC Job Advert
The Strategic Information Officer will report to the Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor. The SI officer will oversee the monitoring and evaluation of all project interventions and SBC activities implemented by RHITES North Acholi team at facility and community level.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning work plans and budgets
- Design data collection tools based on the project indicators to support the project team and partners to collect quality data on DREAMS, Family Health, COVID-19 Family Health, COVID-19 and SBCC IPC activities including; community dialogues, small and large group meetings, one on one sessions and home visits.
- Strengthen the district, facility and community data management and quality systems.
- Create data entry screens to store data from the community activities carried out.
- Ensure timely submission of accurate and complete data for weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual, semi-annual and annual reporting
- Collect, analyse and provide descriptive and inferential statistics on the project indicators to track achievement
- Provide technical support to the facilities in ensuring implementation of Uganda EMR and other key MOH databases.
- Provide support to the district biostatisticians in reporting maternal and perinatal deaths
- Technically support the biostatisticians to organize performance review meetings through proper analysis and reporting of programmatic indicators.
- Support the Data Assistants to conduct health facility assessment in order to address facility specific data management challenges.
- Support Data Assistants and District Biostatisticians in COVID-19 data entry at all districts in cluster in addition to ensuring availability of data capture tools
- Support compilation of M&E progressive reports and knowledge products – best practices, success stories and research findings.
- Prepare and disseminate M&E periodic reports documenting the project findings, achievements, recommendations and best practice.
- Conduct support supervision to the cluster districts to provide technical assistance on how to collect quality data and develop SOPs to streamline data management.
- Carry out Data Audits/ Data Quality Assessments for the partners involved in the project activities.
- Organize joint performance review meeting of the project on a periodic basis to assess the progress set
- Work with the LPS-TASO Acholi cluster M&E leads to offer technical assistance to the facility–based data clerks on EMR’s data entry, cleaning and analysis.
- Support the roll-out and upgrade of EMR for POC and recency data transmission
- Undertake any other relevant duties as determined by the Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Statistics, Population Studies, Computer Science, Public Health, Demography or other related degree.
- Post Graduate training in Monitoring and Evaluation as well as strategic communication will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of four years’ relevant experience in Monitoring and Evaluating USAID-funded public health, development/humanitarian programs
- Experience in working with national, USAID public health interventions; Specific hands-on knowledge and skills in planning, designing, monitoring facility and community approaches
- Thorough familiarity with DHIS2, HMIS, HYBRID, Uganda EMR, PEPPER In-country Reporting System, RASS and the UDOTS
- Knowledge of public health service delivery, community outreaches and experience in working with community health-intervention programs and in dissemination of information through different communication channels.
- In-depth working knowledge of USAID/PEPFAR DREAMS indicators and program reporting requirements
- A motivated, focused, disciplined professional with excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and result-oriented skills.
- Good judgment, initiative, high sense of responsibility, tactful, ability to plan, organize and measure outcomes of interventions.
- Exemplary and honest, with a high level of energy and integrity, and able to work under minimum supervision.
- Flexible, innovative, with good record keeping, communication, presentation, report-writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Team player with the ability to make positive contributions.
How to Apply to University Research Co., LLC Vacancy:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters via Email to: [email protected]
Tel: +256754900901/ +256784701294 for any inquiries
- Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.