The Women in News Editorial Leadership Award is a career achievement award that recognizes an exemplary contribution of an Editor to her newsroom – and under her leadership the contribution of her newspaper – to society.
Women in News Editorial Leadership Award Advertisement
- Position(s): Several
- Applications closing Date: May 20, 2023
- Vacancy Type: Permanent/Temporary.
- Company Name: Women in News Editorial
The Women in News Editorial Leadership Award will be awarded to three outstanding women editors, representing Africa, the Arab Region and Southeast Asia, who are first amongst their peers in inspiring and paving the way forward for the next generation of leaders.
Women In News (WIN) is WAN-IFRA’s media leadership programme, empowering media women throughout Africa, the Arab Region and Southeast Asia.
- Eligible nominees must hold a senior editorial role as of January 1, 2023.
- News media (newspapers, magazines and digital-only) of all sizes from the sub-Saharan Africa, the Arab Region and Southeast Asia are encouraged to submit a nomination.
- The Laureate will possess a proven track record of success within her newsroom.
- Have demonstrated uncompromising editorial integrity throughout her career, and have a strong commitment to the principles of press freedom and its power to promote democracy and good governance.
- They have a demonstrated commitment to gender equality, mentoring and lifting their members of staff while building an organizational culture that embraces equality.
The deadline for nominations is May 20, 2023. Late nominations will not be considered.
For more information, visit Editorial Leadership Award.